Thursday, March 5, 2015

Just gotta do it

I want to be a more patient, gentle, engaged and pleasantly upbeat understanding Mom.
I want to be a more charming, fun, spontaneous,bubbly yet responsible supportive Wife
I want to be a hospitable, yummy healthy cooking, spotlessly organized, DIY queen HomeMaker
I want to look great, feel great, and do all the things I've always dreamed of doing.

The only way to change my life is to just DO IT. I have to step up, take charge, put in the work and change my routines and habits. Ain't nobody gonna do it for me. The house isn't going to become a cozy, clean, lovely haven if I continue napping and reading all day and never clean anything up. I can't be loving and engaged with my kids if I spend all free time staring at my phone or iPad. Healthy meals won't suddenly appear if all I buy is junk food and frozen meals. I am SO LAZY.  So INCREDIBLY LAZY. And spoiled. And Self absorbed. And did I mention LAZY. I'm not just beating up on myself either. It's the god's honest truth. Laziness is probably my strongest personal trait at this point. I have wasted 25 years of my life being too lazy to put in the work to live the life I want to live. It's not like it's complicated. You want a healthy body; exercise. Want healthy meals; get out a freaking cook book and make them. But do I do the simple things it would take to become happy.??? Heck no. That would involve a little work and discipline. God forbid I should have to put in effort. That might interrupt my napping and daydreaming time!!

So basically I know at heart that I just have to get up and do whatever it takes to get what I want. Just put in a little effort. Put on my big girl panties and Get busy.  And it's time to start.  NOW. No more wishing and hoping and dreaming while wallowing in laziness. I am getting off my butt and taking charge of how I live my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment