Tuesday, February 10, 2015

There but for the grace of God go I

A year ago my cousin Penny died in a car crash. She was a year older than I, 42 at the time, and suddenly out of the blue she was gone. Three months ago my younger sister was diagnosed with cervical cancer and has begun a fight for her life. Both of these sudden calamities has awakened me to the realization of how short and precious life truly is. None of us is guaranteed a long, happy life. Each moment holds the potential to be our last. And yet, how few of us are living our lives to the utmost? How many of us are fully present and engaged every moment? I want, I NEED, to seize each day; to stop living in daydreams or for tomorrow; to get up and JUST DO IT. Each Second. Each Moment. Fully Lived. Life is too short and too precious to waste even a single hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment