Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday, Nora!!

Happy New Year Everyone! New Year's Day is pretty important to our little family. Besides being a holiday it's our daughter's birthday and our ANNIVERSARY as well! Happy 7th anniversary to us! It's so hard to believe that it's been 7 years since I married my husband, even harder to believe that Nora is 2 years old! Where does the time go? I just want to freeze time and hold everyone like this for awhile. I love my beautiful babies and baby/toddlerhood is so fleeting. I'm trying to enjoy every moment and hopefully make it enjoyable for my little ones as well. I think Nora had a pretty good birthday. She woke up at about 7 am and while laying in the bed she could see her bouquet of birthday balloons in the living room. She got so excited and we all had to rush out immediately to see the balloons, in all our bedhaired glory. After a few minutes of checking out her balloons (My little pony balloons) she noticed the big pile of presents to open on the dining room table and we all went to the table where she began opening her gifts. It took several hours to get through opening the presents because she had to take breaks to play with each gift. It was too cute. She savored each and every gift completely before moving on to the next. I don't remember ever doing that with birthday or christmas gifts. I've always just torn into them all, one immediately after the next, wondering what was next to come . Nora just stayed in the moment and enjoyed each gift slowly, an excellent lesson for me as I try to focus on being more mindful and living in the moment. Most of the gifts were hibbie (horse themed) or owl themed, the two things she loves most.

After spending the morning opening presents I baked Nora's birthday cake and my husband John decorated it with a pink icing drawing of Nora's favorite My Little Pony character, Pinkie Pie. Nora blew out the candles and we all ate way too much cake, except for Wyatt of course who got to eat babyfood instead. We played, watched movies and had a really nice day.

20120110-183636.jpg

20120110-183656.jpg

20120110-183727.jpg

20120110-183848.jpg

20120110-184356.jpg

1 comment:

  1. She is so cute, Meegan. How lovely that she really takes time opening her presents, playing with each of them - I like that a lot. Horses and owls - that's a sweet combination (can you see the owl riding on the horse??). The cake turned out very nice - I would have eaten way too much of that as well. Happy belated birthday to Nora!

    ReplyDelete