Friday, August 19, 2011

Finding inspiration in a Garden

Recently we went to Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens & renewed our membership. They have a great little children's garden section that has a large sand box and a water play area. Nora was in heaven!!I had a wonderful time as well taking photographs. I played around with my iPhone using various aps to take some shots and I found myself buzzing with excitement. I'd started to forget how much I love playing around with photos. Snapping pictures at the garden reignited my love & I began thinking of all the little projects and creative ideas that have been at the back of my mind since starting to have my babies over 2 years ago. I've been so immersed in new mommyhood that I've forgotten or ignored other important parts of myself, especially my creativity. I think I need to work on finding myself beyond just the Mommy side. 

1 comment:

  1. dear Meegan-so glad you guys are o.k. !! First an earthquake and then a hurricane??? What is going on??? It must be scary with 2 little ones!
    Nora is sooooo big!!! How does that happen? It seems like overnight they just shoot up. Don't worry about balancing creativity with motherhood..it will come with time and you will figure out your special path.
    So glad you received the package. Isn't that dress adorable??? xxx

    ReplyDelete