Monday, August 15, 2011

Chincoteague

My sister in law came for a visit and we decided to spend one of the days visiting Chincoteague Island, made famous by the children's book Misty of Chincoteague which I read a million times as a kid. I loved being able to share this with my little ones. Nora had her very first pony ride on a Chincoteague pony! Her daddy (an avid horseman) swears she's a natural rider even at a year and a half. I know she absolutely loved the horses. I've never seen her so gleeful as she was petting the ponies & watching the horse show. It's a memory I will cherish.

2 comments:

  1. Animals are so important for children, and they connect so easily. How wonderful that Nora had such a good time. You never know, when she grows older she might want to take riding lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete