Saturday, June 25, 2011

Welcome to the world little man!!!

Our much anticipated baby boy was born on the summer solstice, June 21st, at 2:11 pm. He was 8 lbs and 13 ounces, 22 inches long! I won't go into all the details here, maybe I'll write a birth story post sometime soon, but suffice it to say that it was an amazing experience. I'm recovering very slowly from this c-section. It's been much harder & more painful than the first but my husband has really been an incredible help this first day back home. I don't know what I would have done without him. I only wish he could stay at home with us longer than a week. 

We named our wonderful boy Wyatt Owen. Just like with his sister Nora I started a photoblog for him. You can visit it at solsticesoul.wordpress.com . He's been amazingly mellow and relaxed. The only time he throws a fit is during diaper changes. I hope he stays such a happy, easy going person.!! 

Right now, despite being swollen, exhausted and in pain, I have never been happier in my life. I'm so in love with my little family!!

5 comments:

  1. Meeeeeeeegan!!!! He is adooooorabbble!!!! I mean...seriously. Can I just hug him????Oh ...I wish you and your little family all the love, health, prosperity...just everything of the very very best. I love these pics...they are seriously cute! And he has so much hair. Sorry to hear about the C-section. I have heard they can be so painful. Hope you recover soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meegan, I sent you my congratulations on Facebook, but I have to tell you how cute your little boy is! I'm happy that he is such a mellow guy and I hope for you that he stays like this. What does Nora think of him?
    I wish you a very speedy recovery and hope that everything heals quickly. C-sections can be tough and I'm sorry that you are in so much pain. That just sucks. Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meegan, huge congratulations on your solstice baby! How wonderful! Lots of love to all of you, xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather McD (Heather Eats Almond Butter)June 28, 2011 at 10:19 AM

    Just read your announcement in the Goddess Circle and wanted to see the photos. Wyatt Owen is beautiful, absolutely perfect. Many many congrats mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. dearest Meegan! I just returned home and this is one of The Best treats to await me! He is beautiful! And how perfect ... on the Solstice? Life full of sunshine and summer breezes and sweet goodness. I love his name :) Nora must be over the moon!

    Congratulations! The ultimate of creative endeavors ♥

    xo Lis

    ReplyDelete