Thursday, March 3, 2011

Taking a moment for Joy & Connection


There were a dozen robins in our front yard this morning. I would never have noticed but Nora, who loves to look out our front window, did.  I was busy cleaning up her spilled eggs from breakfast and she was at the window jabbering and pointing, trying to get my attention. Being preoccupied I almost ignored her but her excitement finally won out over my distraction.  I'm so glad I paid attention. I stopped cleaning and took my little birdwatcher outside to see the birdies up close. We enjoyed 20 minutes of fresh air, sunshine and play; exactly what I needed!!!  It's so easy to get caught up in the daily routines and responsibilities of life and miss out on the small things that can bring lovely moments of joy & connection.  My mantra for 2011 is " Renew. Replenish. Reconnect." Thankfully I have a sweet little daughter to inspire me towards this path. I need to listen to her more often.

1 comment:

  1. These little breaks in the day are so important! And aren't those robins precious? Nora is so cute!!! How are you doing?

    ReplyDelete