Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2010- a year of change and transition

Well, it's several day into the New Year and I'm finally trying to type up a blog entry reflecting on the year that has just passed. It's hard to be introspective when you have a naked one year old wandering around your computer area putting her little hands on everything. She's going to grow up thinking her name is NoNo. And why is she naked you ask? I've just noticed the beginning of pinkness on her little bum and want to head off  any chaffing or diaper rash that may be starting. What works best for her is a bit of petroleum jelly or desitin on the pink skin and spending some time diaperless. So she's currently enjoying a diaper free bottom while I try and type up a blog entry. To much information?lol

It's been forever since I've updated my blog and I feel a bit awkward about getting started again. I've missed it and I feel guilty for not updating regularly but at the moment it just feels like a chore to find time to fit blogging in. My only free time is during Nora's nap from around noon until 1:30ish or I can stay up after everyone goes to bed and blog then. I use to love staying up when everyone else went to bed. Blogging helped me to relax and unwind. But that was pre- second pregnancy. Now I want SLEEP. SLEEP. SLEEP!!! I curl up with Nora during her naps and I'm ready to fall into an exhausted sleep by 8:30 or 9:00 every night. Since Nora began walking  running two months ago getting anything at all done while she's awake has become nearly impossible. My housekeeping, never the neatest, has really fallen by the wayside and my poor husband has begun doing his own laundry simply in self defense. It's not a pretty picture around here. Hopefully someday soon I'll stop being exhausted, learn to multi-task and get some control of this Motherhood thing. Until then my blogging may suffer a little but I will make the effort to update at least a couple of times a month, and start commenting at favorite blogs again. I've managed over 150 blog posts since I began my blog at the beginning of 2010, that's not too horrible really considering when I started this blog I was a first time mom with a newborn. I've done considerably better at posting to my Blue Moon Baby photoblog, where I've uploaded over 1,040 photos of Nora taken this year (most just cruddy snapshots from my iphone but still a great chronicle of her first year.) Blogging has also brought me into contact with so many amazing, wonderful friends and for that I am very grateful.

All in all I'd say that 2010 was one heck of a year full of change, growth, new beginnings, firsts, etc. It was a year of transition as my little family expanded from 2 to 3 and then to 3 1/2. I've struggled alot with these changes and just barely managed to keep my head above water most days but every day, even the hard ones, has been a blessing. My daughter Nora, born under a blue moon at 12:20 last January 1st has been the greatest love and joy I have ever experienced. I had no idea how much my heart would grow when I had her or how much every moment with her would be better than anything I else I had ever done. Parenthood really does change everything. It's an amazing challenge and an incredible gift. Becoming a Mommy defined my year and 2010 will always be a pivotal year in my life.

Here's a list of some of my milestones this year:
  • Had Nora January 1st
  • Set up my Blue Moon Mama & Blue Moon Baby blogs
  • My parents and sister visited Virginia for 1st time
  • My sister in law visited
  • We spent a long weekend in the Outer Banks for hubby's bday
  • Visited the Appalachian Mts in Virginia & attended our 1st sheep shearing
  • Met my first blogger in real life (Sandra, Thistle Cove Farm)
  • Took Flying Lessons ecourse with Kelly Rae, loved it
  • Made some wonderful new blogging friends
  • Took Nora on her first road trip from coast to coast and back, visited my family in Missouri and the hubby's family in southern California
  • Took Blogging Your Way, really really really loved it!
  • Visited Ohio & the hubby's cousins for the first time
  • Found out I was PREGNANT again!!!
  • My parents came for another visit
  • Had our first Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas as a family
  • Experienced tons of wonderful firsts with our beautiful baby as she has grown from newborn to toddler
  • Actually managed to sell nearly 200 items in my Cafepress shop (only earned $340 in commission) despite the fact that I haven't updated that shop or added a new design in 4 years. 
2010 has truly been a memorable year and I'm sure 2011 will be also with the birth of another baby to look forward to. I know it will be a challenging time as well and I just hope I can rise to those challenges and use them as opportunities for growth and improvement. I have lots of hopes for what I want to accomplish in this new year but I'll save that for my next post. So now I bid a fond goodbye to 2010 and look forward to everything that lies ahead!!

5 comments:

  1. You did have a fabulous, full, fun year! So glad to meet you, Mee, and the rest of the family. Your photo side bar is really nice, enjoy seeing some of your beautiful work.
    God's blessings on you, yours and the work of your hands and heart now and in the coming year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Meegan-I think you have had a wonder-full year! And I wish you weren't so hard on yourself...you have so much going on. The first year of Tara's life was spent...breastfeeding, sleeping, cuddling...you should give yourself so much credit for blogging as well!! It is such a tender, raw period of adjustment. I wish you and yours all the very very best in the coming year. And rest...sleep when you need to...you are preggo!! I think it's totally acceptable to take some time off from...everything!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Meegan-thank you so so much for your kind words of love and support...and for lighting some candles. I really hope to have another baby...but I am 42 so it just may not happen. If it's meant to be...I totally don't expect you to comment much on blogs...you are pregnant...just take it easy. Rest as much as you can...you will need your energy when baby is born. Oh! BTW...here is my e-mail address soraya.nulliah55@gmail.com send me an e-mail when you can...was looking for yours but could not find it. moving tomorrow...soooo happy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Meegan-just stopping by to say hi! How are you my friend? You must be...3 months along by now? I hope you are getting lots of rest...well, as much as you can with a toddler!! How is Nora doing with sleeping by the way? I meant to ask you a while back? those books I recommended were great and helped out soooo much! Sending you lots of hugs. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hope 2011 is off to a great start for you! you accomplished so much last year!

    ReplyDelete