It's been forever since I've updated my blog and I feel a bit awkward about getting started again. I've missed it and I feel guilty for not updating regularly but at the moment it just feels like a chore to find time to fit blogging in. My only free time is during Nora's nap from around noon until 1:30ish or I can stay up after everyone goes to bed and blog then. I use to love staying up when everyone else went to bed. Blogging helped me to relax and unwind. But that was pre- second pregnancy. Now I want SLEEP. SLEEP. SLEEP!!! I curl up with Nora during her naps and I'm ready to fall into an exhausted sleep by 8:30 or 9:00 every night. Since Nora began
All in all I'd say that 2010 was one heck of a year full of change, growth, new beginnings, firsts, etc. It was a year of transition as my little family expanded from 2 to 3 and then to 3 1/2. I've struggled alot with these changes and just barely managed to keep my head above water most days but every day, even the hard ones, has been a blessing. My daughter Nora, born under a blue moon at 12:20 last January 1st has been the greatest love and joy I have ever experienced. I had no idea how much my heart would grow when I had her or how much every moment with her would be better than anything I else I had ever done. Parenthood really does change everything. It's an amazing challenge and an incredible gift. Becoming a Mommy defined my year and 2010 will always be a pivotal year in my life.
Here's a list of some of my milestones this year:
- Had Nora January 1st
- Set up my Blue Moon Mama & Blue Moon Baby blogs
- My parents and sister visited Virginia for 1st time
- My sister in law visited
- We spent a long weekend in the Outer Banks for hubby's bday
- Visited the Appalachian Mts in Virginia & attended our 1st sheep shearing
- Met my first blogger in real life (Sandra, Thistle Cove Farm)
- Took Flying Lessons ecourse with Kelly Rae, loved it
- Made some wonderful new blogging friends
- Took Nora on her first road trip from coast to coast and back, visited my family in Missouri and the hubby's family in southern California
- Took Blogging Your Way, really really really loved it!
- Visited Ohio & the hubby's cousins for the first time
- Found out I was PREGNANT again!!!
- My parents came for another visit
- Had our first Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas as a family
- Experienced tons of wonderful firsts with our beautiful baby as she has grown from newborn to toddler
- Actually managed to sell nearly 200 items in my Cafepress shop (only earned $340 in commission) despite the fact that I haven't updated that shop or added a new design in 4 years.