Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Back from my brief Sabbatical

Just after my last blog post nearly two weeks ago my husband decided on the spur of the moment that we should take a long weekend and go to Ohio for a visit. His family moved from Ohio around 33 years ago when he was 10 and he'd never been back to visit. He still has lots of cousins in the area and we've been talking about visiting them for years. So we just did it. And it was great fun. We took Nora and visited the street that both his parents and grandparents had houses on (in the photo above we are sitting on the front porch of his childhood home). We had chocolate milk from the dairy his grandpa worked at and ate lunch at the Pizza Hut his brother had an after school job at and where my hubby would go after school for a ride home. We went to the church/catholic school that they attended. Best of all we had a lovely mini-reunion with his cousins who are VERY lovely and warm people. All in all it made me wish we lived in Ohio!LOL For some reason I thought Cleveland would be a bit dumpy but it's a really nice small city. I loved the towns surrounding it as well and enjoyed seeing Lake Erie. It was a wonderful minivacation!

When we got home from our trip my husband came down with a virus and so I was kept busy with him, taking care of Nora, etc and just didn't get around to posting an update last week. I think I needed some down time just to spend with family. I didn't even read blogs so I will have a lot of catching up to do this week! Here are a few photos I took while in Ohio. I took about 200 photos but only had time to edit just a couple. Now I'm off to start checking in with my favorite bloggers!








5 comments:

  1. Hi Mee - beautiful photos and so glad y'all had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had such a wonderful time in Ohio and I hope your hubby is well again. Happy that you're back! I love the photos you took during your trip - the picture of Nora (the close-up) is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Meegan-I just love the pics you took-and isn't Nora just a cutie???!! I love her little grin and her pink socks! I hope that hubby is doing well now...I have lost my voice but...am getting better! I have a small package to send you...hopefully I can get it out by next week. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photographs! Looks like you had a wonderful time and while we all missed you (and Nora ... let's face it, as moms it is all about our amazingly adorable kids) it is good to know you had some nurture time with family. Isn't it amazing how sick men can get? But when we get sick? "Honey, you are going to walk the dog, aren't you? Just bundle up." I love my husband, but nursemaid he is not! My favorite moment: he had been sick with a flu bug and I was bringing him something to drink and in this pathetic little voice he says "Can you hold it up to my mouth? I'm as weak as a kitten."

    And now the holiday madness begins! What will Nora be for Halloween?

    xo Lis

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful that you could just take off like that, and that you had such a good time with family. The pics are great. Nora is just the cutest!

    ReplyDelete