Thursday, September 2, 2010

Turning over a new leaf

For me Fall begins in September. Although the weather may still be hot &  the leaves on the trees may still be pure green, change is in the air. I've always loved September, not just because it's my birth month but because I love the feeling of transition and I love daydreaming about cozy sweaters, pumpkins in the fields, hot cocoa & crisp clean air spiced with the earthy sweetness of decaying leaves. It's a time for home & hearthfires. Can you tell I relate strongly to Hestia, Goddess of the hearth :)? I can hardly wait for the change of seasons. I've never really been a summer girl. It's a lovely season but a bit too sweet and cheerful for me. I like the moodiness of Autumn.

So Autumn is my time. I always feel a sense of renewal, emotionally &
creatively. A bounce appears in my step. I want to make things with my hands. I get inspired to diet or exercise or start some other self improvement project.
Basically, It's time to dust off the inner cobwebs or time to turn over a new leaf (pun intended).  As I am about to turn another year older I find myself thinking of my life and in particular thinking of what I want to have more of and what I need to have less of in order to love my life even more. Deep thoughts deserving of more time. I'll probably post a detailed list later but for now suffice it to say I want MORE FUN, MORE CHALLENGES, & MORE POSITIVITY. I want less empty distractions (TV/junk food), less annoyances (messy unorganized house) and less negative thoughts (inner critic).

What are some things that you would like to have more of or things you want less of in your own life?

As I side note I want to mention that I'm taking a new ecourse called Blogging Your Way! So if anyone from the class wanders in I want to say WELCOME! I hope you'll leave me a comment and introduce yourselves. It's always fun to make new blogging friends.

7 comments:

  1. Beautifully written, Meegan. Fall is my favorite season as well. I'm a huge fan of fall colors, and this is just my season. Still warm days (sometimes downright hot in this part of the world), but crisp nights. And the shameless display of nature - priceless. The picture of the maple leaves on the bark is VERY beautiful!
    Let me know how you like "Blogging your way". I thought about signing up, but it says that you should have your blog for at least three months - well, I still need another month for that. Enjoy the course!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops - I just read the course information again and the info about having a blog for at least three months has disappeared... oh well, it's too late to register anyway. Next time. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear Meegan...I have been meaning to pop in here these past few days...I love how you so perfectly described autumn. ...growth and change and...new-ness. I can't wait to see all that you learn from Blogging my Way! That is so super exciting! I am so jealous...I really wish that I could of taken this class...maybe next time around. I think that you will learn tons and have a super exciting time. I will pop in here often to see how your blog reflects all that you are learning. I too am looking forward to Fall. I love Summer but it has been along and sweltering time over here. I know for you too as you only live a few hours away from me:) Oh yeah...and last night (at Tim's insistence) I packed up an emergency kit and mapped out an evacuation route...Hurricane Earl. But it changed course and lost some of it's steam. Also...I just enrolled Tara in My Gym...an amazing place that I can take her to a couple of times a week to have an activity class. I think it will be awesome for her...so looking forward to it.
    Meegan...I ordered my totes from Vistaprint. I am so happy with them...they are 100% cotton and the image is so crisp and rich. I think they cost 12.99$ per tote (plus an upload fee of $3.99)...I ordered a whole bunch of other stuff (business cards etc) so I think that's what the totes cost. I have the magnets with me...I just have not had the time to photogarph them! they have the same image as the totes. This week has been super crazy...3 home showings...one person came back twice and made an offer but it was such a bad one! We declined. I know the housing market is bad but we were not willing to take such a loss. We will just have to wait and see how things go. Also...once I get my tag questions put together Meegan...I am going to tag you!! Just a heads up! xxx And yes...enjoy Nora in her baby-ness. We will one day look back on all these times and wonder at how it all passed by so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Meegan...also thank you so much for your support and kind words on my shop opening. There is a huge learning curve and I would be super stressed but...I am too busy to stress!! I am still researching printers...can you believe? Tim told me to just go ahead and get one already but...I want so many things out of my printer..it's down between 2 different ones now. Is there anything you can recommend or maybe think I should look for. It has to be archival quality (pigment ink) so it between an Epson (KRR recommendation) and a new Cannon model that just came out. Both around 600$...there is another model Epson priced at about 1300$...but it's main feature is super large prints and I don't think I will be doing that. I had my heart set on the Epson KRR recomm.but then I read some really bad reviews about it...the ink cartridges clogging up, guzzling ink etc Any recommendations are much appreciated...hopefully I can order it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Megan, I wish I could be where you are, you've made autumn sound very inticing. We are just now getting into the summer weather in my part of the country--HOT! Don't get to see much in the way of fall colors until around January, here. Anyway, I can live vicariously through you. --See you in class! ps. I have a birthday in September, too;P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meegan-you have been tagged!! The questions are at the bottom of the long post:)...I will check in on Monday or so to read your answers...am taking the weekend off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I too am in your class and look forward to getting to know you and many others better. I of course can't wait to learn all the new and exciting things we are going to be taught.

    ReplyDelete