Thursday, September 16, 2010

Taking time for introspection

Thanks for all the wonderful comments and critiques on my new header (which I've adjusted yet again to eliminate the size issues some people had). Also thanks to everyone that wished me a happy birthday yesterday. It was greatly appreciated!! I turned 38 and I'm finding myself feeling very introspective about it. Not down at all, actually rather energized, but introspective none the less. I suppose it's because I'm approaching the end of my thirties. Just two years left. I feel like 40 is sort of a watershed age for me. There's no way to hide from the fact that when you move into your 40's you are beginning mid life (at least I hope to live to be at least 80+, lol) and I am feeling as if I want to get my life in order a bit before then so I can move into the next decade with no regrets and with a feeling of confidence and energy. Anyway, my birthday has definitely got me thinking about my life and what I want to do with it. My blogging class has me thinking the same thoughts about where I want to go with my blog. We had a homework assignment that really helped me to begin defining what I really want to do with this space. Here's what I wrote:

I aspire to be an Artsy Earth-Mother Mommy blogger focusing on self improvement, simplicity, authenticity, gratitude & creativity while showcasing the beauty of our world and the joy to be found in simple moments with family. 

I'm not there yet. My posts don't have the depth of content that I want them to have. Not yet. But I have faith that I will get there eventually. I'm growing and evolving. My blog will too. Thanks to all of you who are watching this evolution and encouraging my babysteps along this path!

Speaking of babysteps, here's a photo of my baby standing on her own for the first time. I'm sure baby steps are in her future soon, lol! Now I'm off for a long weekend with hubby & baby. I'm sooo looking forward to it. I may check in around the blogosphere sometime this weekend but mostly I'm going to just marinate in family time. Talk to you Monday!
 

 

4 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time, Mee, and that picture of your little sunshine is just adorable.
    BTW - the 40's are the best years! Until you turn 50. Then it's the 50's...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new layout is fabulous as are the header photos! I just signed up as a follower; glad you've given the option.
    Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Graciel @ Evenstar ArtSeptember 20, 2010 at 8:12 PM

    cutest baby ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh! Scary, I guess this is just a few weeks away for Freya too. She is pulling up on everything now and just starting to try out cruising. I caught her trying to climb into her big sisters toddler bed earlier today!

    I'm loving your picture frames you are using throughout your blog. If you don't mind me asking, are you using a downloadable template, free/paid? I'm still figuring out what I want to use but love that style.

    ReplyDelete