Sunday, July 18, 2010

The journey HOME

Peggy Sue's 50's Diner in Yermo, CA



We're about 4 hrs from our home in Virginia and I'm a little surprised that I'm really looking forward to getting there. I was afraid that after travelling from coast to coast, visiting all our loved ones and our favorite places, that I'd feel very dissatisfied returning home to Virginia. That isn't the case. I feel rejuvenated and inspired by our trip and happy to be going home & hopefully putting this inspiration to use. I'm looking forward to getting back to my house (which needs a spring cleaning) and back to my plants (which will need watering). I want to go to our farmer's market to buy organic peas to make Nora her first homemade baby food. I want to start downsizing all of our junk & plan a yard sale. I want to sign up for a few ecourses. I want to start planning a few small little trips. I have lots of plans for new things to do with Nora who really has blossomed & grown with this trip. I want to start working on 2 BIG new projects that I found inspiration for while on the road. So so so much that I want to do! We may or may not stay in Virginia forever but it's home for now and that's pretty great. My journey from coast to coast and back again has soothed and uplifted my spirit.

-Mee

No comments:

Post a Comment