Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Home is where the heart is

My heart is torn between two places. A part of me wants to move back to Missouri & another part wants to move back to California. Virginia just doesn't speak to my spirit and since none of our family lives there it feels empty to me, a place to bide time. Maybe some day we'll be able to move nearer to family.

I loved spending a few days with my family and sharing Nora with them. It felt good to be with people who accept me and love me just as I am, no strings attached. Moving away helped me to grow and find myself outside of the shadow of my family but they are still a part of me, the roots of my being. I want Nora to know them. I want her to have a strong sense of where she comes from.

We're now on our way to Southern California, my favorite place, and even though I'm sad to leave my family behind I'm really looking forward to my visit with the hubby's family. On to new adventures!



-Mee

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful trip! So much fun to be traveling along with you ... cannot wait to see the ocean :)

    Beautiful flower image! Safe journeys ~

    xo Lis

    ReplyDelete