Monday, June 21, 2010

What Matters Most (Best Shot Monday)

MY FAMILY



We had a quiet weekend spent mainly at home cuddling Nora. My hubby did yard work. I planted a few rosebushes. It was peaceful, just the way I like it. Nothing matters more to me than my family and I cherish every day I have with them.


It's because of my love for them that I feel inspired to work on becoming a better me. Getting healthy is an important part of that. Healthy in body, but also healthy in mind and spirit. The goals I listed in my last post will help get me started. I'm working on making a bigger list with ALL the things I've ever dreamed of doing. When I get it done I'll post it here and then start working on checking them off! Should be fun.


This week will be a busy one for me. We are planning to leave on a cross country road trip from July 2-19th.  We'll drive to Missouri and spend two days there with my family. Then we'll drive to California and spend some time with my hubby's family. Most of our family hasn't even met Nora yet so I'm really looking forward to it! I only wish we had more time at each place but unfortunately the majority of the time is taken up with driving to each place. We love roadtrips so I know it will be fun! I've got a lot of packing, cleaning, and preparations to get done beforehand though. It's overwhelming! ;)


Here are a few interesting photos for Best Shot Monday that I took at the zoo Friday afternoon using my Hippstamatic application on my iphone:




7 comments:

  1. So Nice :)
    I love your picture.. So alive and have a soul..

    ReplyDelete
  2. You family is beautiful! i love love love your giraffe pictures. i love these creatures. and on your iphone no less?! great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post and what wonderful pictures! I hope you and your family have a fantastic road trip and find time to relax together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful images of your weekend ... the father/daughter portrait is a gem! Contentment expressed without words!

    Sounds like a busy time :) Have a safe journey ... if you are traveling through Nebraska, you have my email :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meegan-I hope you have a wonderful (and safe) trip. That must be so much fun-you are going to see your family plus go to CA!! Take lots of pics...and enjoy. I am so glad that you are thinking of taking the e-courses you mentioned. I may take the writing one in Sept.-You are going to miss some of Kelly's class? I feel that you are on a path of self-discovery/empowerment! I just feel it!
    I am glad that you enjoyed my painting process. when its' all done, I am going to put the whole thing on a page (side link). and yes, painting is TOTALLY do-able. It's a skill you learn like any other, not some mysterios thing that just happens.Things have been super crazy busy here-Tara has an ear infection. She is on antibiotics so hopefully she will be well soon. I am just doing a drop off at daycare (2 hours for 3x week) while I go to P.T. That means long hours painting, getting my website setup etc after she goes to sleep...but worth it. Be safe and have a great trip. We will miss you:) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos, Meegan. I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love giraffes, and what great photos!!

    ReplyDelete