Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Blind Side



We just finished watching The Blind Side and I loved it. It's a wonderful story about how lives can be changed if you open your heart. It touched me on many different levels, particularly my maternal instincts, but what I want to touch on is my admiration for the mother in this movie, Leigh Ann Touhy, played by Sandra Bullock. She is the kind of woman I wish I could be: strong, fearless, creative & resourceful, tough yet tender hearted, a class act with an earthy side, confident and a go getter.

My foray into blogging & the Kelly Rae ecourse I'm taking has made me think alot about what I want in my life and who I want to be. I love my life, love being a wife and mom, know I'm a decent person, etc. but I also know I'm not living up to my fullest potential. I'm on a journey to grow & evolve into the best me I can be. For a long time I've coasted along without persuing any of these aspirations. I've been comfortable with the status quo but since having my daughter everything has changed. I want to be more. I want to be my very best. I want to be BOLD, a warrior goddess in a pencil skirt. I want to be completely authentically me. Audaciously & fearlessly ME. Whoever that may be.

-Mee

4 comments:

  1. Dear Meegan-i want to write you a really long comment...but I can't right now. Unfortunately, Tara is sick. It started out as sniffles and rapidly went downhill! It's the daycare-her being exposed to so many kids etc. I am seriously thinking about putting my P.T. on hold right now and pulling her out. I, too, did the co-sleeping, breastfeeding, baby-wearing etc so I know exactly what you are going through! Once you get little Nora to sleep on her own, on schedule..things are going to be much easier. I will write more...I promise. xxx big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meegan-I decided to keep Tara in daycare-at least for the weak. I talked to some other moms and they said that it happens that children get sick when first exposed to other kids:( I,too, though about homeschooling Tara later on but...I think she needs the socialization. I may do enrichment. I really like the way your blog posts are reading...it seesm that this class + where you are at in life right now is....a good place to be. And no, i don't think its' sappy that you tell your daughter gow blessed and specaial she is. I think it's great. I do the same to Tara.
    I wanted to go see this movie BTW...I love Sandra Bullock and this seems like such a feel-good movie!
    BTW-I would love if we could chat on the phone sometime! Tara goes to bed at 8 (usually) so it would be nice one of these days. Let me know? Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A warrior goddess in a pencil skirt - I love it!

    I find it so interesting that once my daughter came into my life, I had the same realization that I was not living up to my fullest potential. I reconnected with so many past dreams and ambitions (mommy version of mid-life crisis?) and was galvanized into action with the attitude "if not now, when?" I think we see our children, have so many hopes for them and recognize we must mentor for them a powerful, authentic, whole way of being in this world. One thing that has been bubbling through my brain while I grope for understanding of what it is I am meant to be doing, comes from Danielle LaPorte's Fire Starter Sessions. She asks you to consider how it is you want to FEEL in you vocation/career/calling and having that guide you. An interesting spin ... I think about what I want to DO but really, how is it I want to feel in my life?

    If I figure anything out, I will let you know :)

    But yeah, our children are such wonderful muses (Twyla Tharp would ask you to define muse for yourself) and mentors.

    Make it a creative day!
    ♥ Lis

    ReplyDelete
  4. i thought it was so cute that you signed your post, "Mee", and i guess it's sorta a nickname, after what your post said about being "fearlessly me"-

    anyway, glad to hear you sounding so inspired! :)

    ReplyDelete