Friday, May 14, 2010

A poem to live by...



You start dying slowly
if you do not travel,
if you do not read,
If you do not listen to the sounds of life,
If you do not appreciate yourself.

You start dying slowly
When you kill your self-esteem;
When you do not let others help you.

You start dying slowly
If you become a slave of your habits,
Walking everyday on the same paths…
If you do not change your routin,
If you do not wear different colours
Or you do not speak to those you don’t know.

You start dying slowly
If you avoid to feel passion
And their turbulent emotions;
Those which make your eyes glisten
And your heart beat fast.

You start dying slowly
If you do not change your life when you are not satisfied with your job, or with your love,
If you do not risk what is safe for the uncertain,
If you do not go after a dream,
If you do not allow yourself,
At least once in your lifetime,
To run away from sensible advice…

Pablo Neruda

I took the photo above a year and a half ago. It was shot from our moving truck as we left our home in California for the last time & moved to Virginia. I loved California & miss it but all life is a journey. You never know where it will lead & that's pretty exciting.

Have a great weekend everyone! Hopefully I'll return Monday with lots more photos & an updated Bio page. See you then!

photo taken in Virginia 3 weeks later

-Mee

5 comments:

  1. Dear BMM-Thanks for this beautiful poem. It is a reminder of how we have to grow and change no matter how painful and scary it seems. I read your post on Kelly's Taking Flight and I am so sad that no one encouraged you when you were younger. But I am glad that your husband does now and so do I -along with others in the blogging community. You will remember your talents and create new ones along the way. Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful poem. I am going to write it in my journal. It really makes me sad when people continue to follow unhappy paths. I find most change quite exciting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful poem and photos Meegan - thanks for sharing.
    Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Graciel @ Evenstar ArtMay 19, 2010 at 8:32 PM

    Meegan,

    Pablo is my favorite!! I needed that poem today..thanks for posting it.

    xo, Graciel

    ReplyDelete