Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Path, Best Shot Monday



"So, where has your path been leading you these days?" Tracey asked for Best Shot Monday

My path is the path of motherhood and family right now. As a new mother and stay at home wife I'm very wrapped up in the daily minutiae of running a home and caring for my family. I love it more than I can say. To me nothing is as important as my family. Surprisingly, my immersion into family life has reinvigorated my creative life as well. For a long time I'd felt as if my creative well had run dry. After having my beautiful daughter (she is and always will be my greatest creative act) I've felt my creativity slowly blossoming again. Now I take photos nearly every day. I am interested in learning new crafts & trying my hand at art. I want to work on fixing up my CafePress shop. I'm writing in my blog on a regular basis and I'm even planning to take Kelly Rae's ecourse. I'm embracing life and my true self. So my path is also the path to self discovery and self expression. It's an exciting journey.

-Mee

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful images ... what you wrote resonates with me ... i found my creativity reemerging and blossoming beyond anything I could have imagined once I became a mother. My daughter is definitely my muse and inspiration. I also signed up for Kelly Rae Roberts next course, so hopefully will see you there!

    You may be interested in this book and group "The Artistic Mother" by Shona Cole. There is a group following the projects together and it has been great fun. I have a link to the web group on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again-I love this pic-the compostion is so powerful-the huge curve. I also am so happy that you are on the path to your SELF, your creativity. I can't wait to see allthe wonderful things you are up to:) that would be SO awesome if you signed up for Kelly's class-I am so excited...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meegan, BlueMoonMamaMay 13, 2010 at 12:36 PM

    Lis, I bought the ARtistc Mother recently (have followed the authors blog a long time) but I haven't found time to read it yet. I also bought Kelly Rae's book at the same time and just started it to prepare for the class. With the new baby I'm not organized enough to do more than one course/workshop but I would love to do one based on the Artistic Mother after Kelly's course ends. Thanks so much for the suggestion!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear BMM-I would LOVE it if we went on this journey together!!WE are also going on the journey with Kelly together as well:) I admit...I am a little (okay, a lot) wonky on the technical aspects of photography. I totally need to learn about that. I also want to get a digital SLR. I am researching right now...we may have to wait a bit with all the upcoming expenses we have coming up. I really love your pics though-you definitely have an eye for capturing mood and composition. I am totally excited for you as you embark on this creative jouney to the center of your soul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your path sounds very exciting! Glad to hear your creativity is coming back, it sure is no fun when it leaves. :)

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for the lovely comments! It is nice to meet you, and I can't for wait for our course with Kelly Rae to start either. She is very inspiring, it should be awesome!

    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these words! I have been feeling the exact same. Somewhere after my first son I lost the trail to my creative path but as I've gotten older (which means way wiser) I've found it again. I'm glad our paths crossed. See ya in Kelly Rae's class. I also love your photos. You are very talented.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete