Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cherishing the details

As a new first time mom I glory in the details of my little Angel Face. Each expression, every new milestone, every moment is precious to me because I know how fleeting they are. Life passes by too quickly and I want to cherish all the details, especially the details of my beautiful daughter. I read a quote once that said having a child was like having your heart walking around inside another person. She has completely stolen my heart and I glory in everything about her from her joyful smile whenever she sees me to her long eyelashes resting on her plump cheeks as she sleeps to her sweet kissably soft little bare neck which I know will someday soon be hidden by her hair to her wiggley chubby little monkey toes. Everything about her awes and humbles me. It reminds me of how perfect we all are; each of us unique one of a kind beings created from and meant for love.

May I always remember to cherish her and may the love and awe and magic I feel whenever I look at her overflow into all the areas of my life.







By the way, I created a new Bio page under the Authentically Me tab in my header, please check it out!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for your lovely comments! Yes, we are definitely of the same mind and heart :) Such beautiful images of your precious daughter. I love that line "having a child was like having your heart walking around inside another person." Oh my, yes. And even when I feel like I am really soaking in every detail, I go back a year and am shocked by what has changed, what I have forgotten in being filled with all the new details.

    It is thrilling to come here and see your love shining through that little face and these images. I am excited to be in Flying Lessons with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. inspiring space you have here! popping over from the Flying Lessons e-course. -Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear BMM-I absolutely LOVE these pics! How beautiful and heartwarming. You have a special baby and a special gift for photography. You really do.
    Part of the comment you left on my blog yesterday read " I am choosing Creativity. Not because I'm particularly good at it but because it fills my soul to try and that's all that really matters. " Can I please urge you to re -frame that thought within yourSELF? If you have never given your CREATIVE self a chance to blossom and grow and show herSELF-how can you know you aren't any good at it? I think you will be surprised.
    I also read your autobiography and ...I can totally understand where you are coming from on so many fronts. I really appreciate your honesty, vulnerability and candor. You are so special dear Meegan-I wish you could SEE yourSELF. I can't wait to see all the ways you start FLYING pretty soon:)
    Also-I going to write a post on Women and Creativity and want to know if I can use an image of yours? Of course I will give you full credit plus put a link to your website. This post has been in my head for awhile-it just has to work it's way out!! Please let me know...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Graciel @ Evenstar ArtMay 19, 2010 at 8:34 PM

    I'm declaring it official: she is the cutest baby girl on planet earth.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. dear Meegan-thanks for letting me using an image. i am writing a post on women and creativity but it's difficult for it to come out exactly as I intend. Hopefully I will be done soon-I will let you know. You are so welcome-I am happy to support you. No life coach plans yet though! I know what its like to not believe in mySELF. Trust me...I set up my blog 2 years ago and did not write a single post until the start of this year! I had a lot going on but underlying it all..I did not believe in mySELF! So anything i can do to support you...
    I am trying out digital photography. I am so technology impaired-just small steps...photoshop elements 8 and some scrapbook stuff. baby steps...but it looks as if you are a pro! Its' sunny here today after days of rain-we may go for a middle of the week picnic! To the beach. Well...not a real beach but it has sand and water so...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Meegan,
    Congrats on your beautiful angel Nora. If I had a baby like that I wouldn't leave the house... (sigh). I can see why she has "completely stolen" your heart. So nice to hear in your post though how "present" you are being with her and that you have the consciousness that this early first year goes by rather quickly. I'm stopping by from Kelly's Flying Lessons, to say hi and take a peek at your blog. Blessings, Valerie

    ReplyDelete