Friday, July 10, 2009

Seriously distracted

an a grown adult suddenly and out of nowhere develop ADD? Or is this yet another pregnancy side effect no one mentions? I have the attention span of a gnat right now. I'm restless, distracted, and easily irritated. My dog is driving me NUTS because she follows constantly at my heels and hovers right on top of me. Since I'm so restless and can't stick to one thing for more than a half second I find myself tripping over her constantly as I wander from one half completed activity to another. I have a ton of things I want to get done, from reading all the pregnancy books on the list my midwife gave to me to working on my baby keepsake book to writing here in my journal and yet I can't generate the patience to spend more than a minute or two on any task, and you can forget about me doing all the normal mundane tasks I should be doing such as housekeeping and laundry. I keep forgetting I put laundry in to wash and then stumble across it a day or so later to find that it's soured :(. The only things that calm my nerves are taking baths or sleeping but too many baths dries out my skin and too much sleep gives me headaches. I'm very restless and unfocused which is making me soooooo crabby!!! Right now I'm really wishing my Mom lived nearby. I miss going for walks and gossiping with her. I think that might just clear my head a bit but it's no fun to me if I have to walk alone. I need the distraction of someone to chat with. I'd try and drag my hubby our for a walk but he's not really much of a chatter either. I guess I'll just have to continue stomping around the house and cursing the dog. GRRR..... off to find some new project to half finish or a tv show to half watch. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment