Thursday, September 11, 2008

So much to do, so little time!

We're about 65% ready for our move to Virginia and we are planning (hoping) to leave on the morning of the 16th, the day after my birthday. I have no idea how we'll manage to get everything ready but I'm sure we will. These things always seem to come together in the end. It still seems so unreal to me. Starting a new life in a new part of the country. You'd think it would be old hat to me. After all I did this same thing almost 4 years ago when I married my husband and moved from Missouri to California but that was different. It was always a romantic dream and it's been like a honeymoon every day since. This feels like the beginning of real life, of truly building something with my husband. After all, this will be just the two of us. No family, no support system. Nothing but eachother. I suppose I'm a bit old to be leaving the nest for the first time, but thats really the way it is. I had a very safe little cocoon in Missouri, surrounded and sheltered by my family. Then I moved here and was again in a safe little cocoon. Now we have to fly on our own so to speak. It's very exciting but a bit scary too. Time to be a real grown up now. We're jumping head first into our future. This is the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment