Thursday, January 3, 2008

Borderline high cholesterol

My love of cheese & ice cream has finally led to heartbreak. I got my blood work results back from the doctor's office and all the things I was worrying about (diabetes, hemochromatosis, & hypothyroidism) aren't problems for me. The results were normal in all those areas but it turns out my cholesterol is slightly elevated. Just a few points above what it should be, but still it's something I need to take care of before it becomes a big problem. Heart disease is pretty common in my family, as are strokes. I guess this is just another impetus to make real, lasting dietary & lifestyle changes. Goodbye milk shakes, onion rings, cheesy pizza & whole days spent sitting in front of the tv/computer. Hello raw vegetables, fresh fruit and bicycle rides. The next few months are going to be so hard!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment