Thursday, December 27, 2007

Gearing up for the new year

My father in law will be allowed to be left on his own for short periods of time soon so I'll be getting a bit of free time back just in time for the new year. Yippee!!!!! So I should be posting here more often and I'll probably get my photo site ready for visitors too. Maybe some of you who stop by here will visit there too so I get some traffic :). If anyone is interested let me know and I'll email you the link. Not sure I want to post it here for the general population and search engines to find.

So, 2008 is going to be the year of Health for me. This year I'm going to take charge of my health (and my life) and really take care of myself. And for once I'm not going off half-cocked with no plan. I've bought the books You on a Diet, You staying young, and Bob Green's best life to help me create a healthier eating plan. I've also found some good online vegetarian and ayuervedic diet sites too. I've scheduled a physical with a full blood work up, including a test for hypothyroidism & hemochromatosis which run in my family. I've also talked to my doctor about my migraines and he gave me some medication to try out next time I have one. I've even scheduled a pap test and a mammogram, both of which I've never had before. For christmas I got several yoga dvds and a yoga "kit" with mat and blocks. I've also arranged to use my sister in law's recumbent exercise bicycle for awhile and I'm working on making a new schedule for myself that includes daily exercise. Look out 2008, here I come! :)

My next post will probably be a list of my goals for 2008 and then I'll disappear for a few days because New Year's Day is my 3rd anniversarry and the hubby always takes a few days off then. See ya again soon!

P.S. Thanks to for the lovely comment last time I posted. It's nice knowing people out there still care :)
Note to Squilla, thanks for stopping by. I hope your job is going well and you get another computer soon. I miss seeing you around.

No comments:

Post a Comment