Friday, November 2, 2007

November: new month, new start

As I said in my last post I'm going to restart my self improvement plan this month. I'll start slowly, with little changes. I've noticed that I tend to go a bit overboard and get too strict with myself too soon when I'm dieting/exercising and then I burn out after a month or two, so the plan for November is to make small changes that I feel I can live with long term. So, with that in mind I'm cutting down dramatically on my meat eating. I don't intend to suddenly try to become a strict vegan or anything. I'll still eat fish, eggs and dairy. At the healthiest time of my life I was vegetarian and eliminating meat really worked for helping me maintain a healthy weight, it also gave me more energy for exercising because I didn't feel so weighed down and bloated. I don't think I digest meat very well. Another goal for the month is to begin eating at least two or three meals a day. I tend to eat just one big meal at the end of the day, which is probably another reason I don't have much energy. I'm not going to focus much on calorie consumption this month but I will be working on consuming smaller portions.  I'm going to start exercising next week, small exercise sessions 3 days a week for the first week and build up from there. I don't have enough time at the moment for long work outs and it would probably send my body into shock anyway :).

I weighed myself yesterday and as I suspected I've gained a huge amount of weight during the last six weeks of sitting at the hospital and constant eating out . Current weight is 312.5 lbs. Which I believe is about 22 lbs more than I weighed before my birthday. My goal is to be under 300 lbs by the end of the month, to be exercising several days a week and taking multivitamins daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment