Monday, October 8, 2007

Thanks for all the wonderful, supportive comments everyone!!

Everyone who visits & comments here are just wonderfully lovely and I really appreciate the support I've received during a rough time, especial thanks to , , , , Luna, and Squilla for your kind comments.

Well, it's been two weeks since my father-in-law had his aortic anyuerism rupture. Now they are actually calling it a thoracic aortic aneurysm which apparently is even worse. He was finally moved from the cardiac intensive care unit to the regular cardiac care unit on Friday, though honestly we haven't seen a huge improvement yet. He's still too weak to walk and is still on a feeding tube and struggling with his breathing. His vocal chords were also damaged a little bit and so his voice is very weak. We're beginning to wonder a little bit if his recovery is so slow due a little bit to depression or something. He won't do the breathing exercises, or much of anything for himself. The doctors want him up & moving more but he says he's too weak and tends to get very anxious and have anxiety attacks. Basically it's just slow going. They aren't saying when he will be sent home. Possibly after leaving this cardiac unit he may be put into a rehabilitation unit to work on getting stronger. We'll just have to wait and see. In the meantime my husband and I have spent 4-5 hrs a day at the hospital. Who would have thought that just sitting in a hospital could be so utterly exhausting.

Our schedule has been turned topsy turvy and is completely chaotic. I'm never sure when we'll be at the hospital, somedays it's afternoons, others it's evenings, still others it's mornings. I'm a creature of routine so this doesn't suit me at all. I don't seem get anything done. To make things more fun I've caught a bit of a sinus cold which leaves me feeling exhausted. What timing! Also my computer is on the fritz. I can get online currently just to browse but I can't use any of my other programs. No school work, no using photoshop, no games. The hard drive is pretty fried and as soon as my hubby gets a moment (which may be awhile) I'll have to have the computer overhauled.  Ain't life fun?

I haven't had an opportunity to visit any webpages since the end of september but I will begin doing so in the next few days. Sorry I haven't been visiting and commenting at anyone's pages lately. I haven't forgotten you all. It's just been a rough few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment