Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I'm back :)

My husband and I decided last Tuesday to be impulsive. With no real plan we decided to jump in the truck with a few days worth of clothing and head out of the O.C. to see a bit more of the state. We've never been north of San Francisco so we drove upstate all the way to Brookings Oregon. I've added a new state to my list of places I've been.  It's about a 900 mile trip one way so in all my husband drove about 1800 miles. I offered to drive twice but he didn't take me up on it so I spent the majority of the trip taking photos out the window and daydreaming. My hubby doesn't like to talk much when we drive so it was a pretty quiet, peaceful trip (for me anyway. His shoulder is a bit sore :( ) . On the way up we stayed in Petaluma (very nice town), Eureka (very scary homeless people, wonderful private boat tour of the bay) and Crescent City (nice light house, gorgeous temperature around 60 degrees). I particularly enjoyed the coastal views in Northern California. I think the view in Trinidad is the best I've ever seen (I'll post pics when I get them all downloaded). On the way home we spent 2 nights in San Francisco. I'll probably write more about that when I post photos. We had a really nice time. Today I'm catching up on laundry and emails. I haven't touched a computer since last Monday so I've got to immerse myself slowly into the internet :).

What's everyone else been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment