Thursday, August 9, 2007

Gotta learn to ride the wave

I will RIDE THIS OUT.

That might make a good mantra when I'm going through a rough patch. Sometimes that's exactly how it feels, as if I'm on the tip of a wave riding out yet another craving, another issue, with food. I usually find myself flailing about, desperate and out of control, head sliding under the waves of my emotions & cravings. Maybe what I need to do  when I'm going through one of these bad patches is just accept it, ride it through. Remind myself that I will prevail. Face the rough patches peacefully, accept that I will have them, but KNOW that I am not ruled by my emotions. I can control them, harness them, use them to get myself where I need to be.

Thanks to the wonderful SQUILLA who left a post yesterday reminding me that I can ride this out :). And thanks to for reminding me that I brought myself to this place and it's up to me to find a way out. I'm not a helpless victim of some evil punishment delivered by a cruel Fate. I can make all of this better if I just work at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment