Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Love & Fireworks

Three years ago today I experienced the Happiest day of my life. Back in 2003-2004 I was madly, wildly in love with this wonderfully sweet guy I'd met on the internet, but he lived 1700 miles away from me in California. Practically from the first month that I knew him I knew I wanted to be with him, visits back and forth only made that desire stronger but I wasn't really sure if he felt the same way that I did. I figured we'd spend at least another year or more just doing the long distance thing before he might be ready to jump into something more committed and I was SOOO impatient. I wanted to be with him desperately.  In June of 2004 he surprised me with tickets to visit him over the fourth of july weekend. It was a lovely 4 day weekend and we spent it just hanging out, barbecuing with family. On the 4th of July we went with his parents and sister to Disneyland. My guy decided we should go off on our own and have our photo taken at the Castle. Just after getting the photo taken we walked onto the Castle's Bridge and I sat down on a bench. He knelt beside me (I thought he was going to tie his shoe) and he proposed. I've never been more surprised and happy in my life. Not even our wonderful wedding day can compare to the joy I felt that day because it was so completely unexpected and something I wanted more than anything else in my life. IT was a beautiful, amazing, romantic day and I'll never forget it. Each year since then my wonderful husband and I have gone back to Disneyland to celebrate that day and have our photo taken again (all his idea :) ).  I love the 4th of July!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment