Monday, June 25, 2007

Tagged!

I've been tagged by Luna at A Journey of a thousand miles so here are a few facts about me :). Prepare to be bored!

WHAT WERE YOU DOING TEN YEARS AGO?

In 1997 I was almost 25 and that summer I had just started working at my first office job. Up until then I had worked mainly  as a preschool teacher or nanny but I'd decided that I needed to take a break. I went to work at an insurance company  doing  filing and handling  cancellation/reinstatements of policies. I found out that I was quite good at customer service, particularly dealing with the more demanding/crabby clients.  I actually liked the job alot because I worked with some really nice people and for the first time I began to feel a bit like a grown up, going into the office every day in my nice office clothes instead of the stain resistant casual jeans & tshirts I wore as a preschool teacher. Also at that time I got my own place for the very first time; no parents, room mates, or boyfriends. It was WONDERFUL.  I passionately loved having my own space, my own routines, and no one to answer to.

WHAT WERE YOU DOING A YEAR AGO?

This time last year I was feeling fairly depressed. I'd lost my grandmother who helped raise me & was the most influential person in my life. I'd lost my two Uncles, both of whom were under 50 years old. To top off everything my husband and I had just lost our beloved horse. Taking care of her was a big part of my daily routine and without that reason to get up and out of the house I just completely withdrew from most things and started gaining lots of weight, eventually putting back on the 80 lbs I'd lost two years earlier. Also around that time we were considering a move to Arizona which wasn't something we really wanted to do, but thought might be a smart thing financially(ultimately decided the money wasn't worth it).On the positive side though, it was around a year ago that my husband and I both really got into photography and began taking more trips to do photographs which I love. We took a two week vacation to Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, the Gold country of California and San Francisco. Fun fun fun!!

FIVE SNACKS YOU ENJOY
1. Ice Cream- Chocolate Peanut butter cup shakes at Baskin Robbins and all Ben & Jerry flavors
2. Naked's pomegranate cherry juice energy drink
3. Pink Lady apples
4. Kettle cooked potato chips (jalapeno or mesquite barbecue)
5. Chocolate covered caramels by russell stover or see's candies

FIVE SONGS TO WHICH YOU KNOW ALL THE LYRICS
1. Life in the Fast lane: Eagles
2. Take the money and run- Steve Miller Band
3. Yesterday- The Beatles
4. Golden Slumbers- The Beatles
5. Love is all around_ Wet wet wet (our wedding song)

FIVE THINGS YOU WOULD DO IF YOU WERE A (Multi) MILLIONAIRE :)
1. Travel: the hubby & I would spend at least a year or 2 traveling around  America in an RV & backpacking thru Europe, taking photos.
2. Buy a farm with an orchard, breed gypsy vanner and shire horses.
3. Have children
4. Pay debts for family members & pay all college fees for our 4 nephews.
5. Set up scholarships for kids in each of our hometowns ( also I'd continue to take classes at universities all over the world. I'd be a perpetual student! :) )

FIVE BAD HABITS
1. Procrastination, I'm the QUEEN!!!
2. Never putting things back in place/being messy
3. Trying to please others/ worrying about opinion of others
4. Talking without really thinking (or, sometimes, without listening to what others are saying)
5. Not trying new things or leaving my comfort zone

FIVE THINGS YOU LIKE DOING
1. Traveling
2. Taking photographs
3. Snuggling/Cuddling/Kissing my husband
4. Reading: biographies,  historical, fantasy, romance, chick lit, most things really
5. finding/collecting rocks or gems

FIVE THINGS YOU'LL NEVER WEAR AGAIN
 I know better than to say never! But I probably won't wear:
1. Ultra ultra short skirts (a staple in my wardrobe during my teens & twenties)
2. Super short, pixie hair cuts
3. Black hair dye (yep, I did the snow white look for about a year, not good)
4. Acid washed, tappered legged jeans with pleats at the front and an envelope waist (anyone remember those from the late 80's? They were high waisted and buttoned up the waist but you'd wear them with the top buttons unfastened and the waist folded down a bit. I need to find a photo :) )
5. Daisy duke shorts (another favorite from my teen/early twenty years)

FIVE FAVORITE TOYS
1. My Canon Rebel XTi digital camera
2. Photoshop Elements
3. Computer
4. Books
5. My husband

Okay, there you go. A few little facts about me. I'm tagging: 

, , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment