Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Alli anyone?

I'm strongly considering taking the new over the counter medicine Alli when it becomes available later this week. Supposedly the pills come with online support pretty similar to the kind of stuff you'd get at other paid dieting sites (online weight loss tools, journals, meal plans, community support, etc.)  that will give you meal plans and such. I don't love the idea of taking a medication but I've gotten to a point where I am willing to look into alternatives like this. I doubt it would be something I'd want to do long term, but it might be a good way to get things started. I know the medicine won't be cheap and when I spend money on something I want to get full value, so it might be a good motivational tool. The possible side effects of the medication give me a few worries, but the side effects (shortened life span, immobility, death) of continuing to do nothing to get to a healthier weight worry me more.

Just something I'm thinking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment