Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Weeklly weigh in progress update

Starting weight: 305.6 lbs. (April 4, 2007)
Weight at last weigh in: 295
Weight today: 289.0
Weight lost during the last week: -6 lbs


Yippee, I've lost 6 lbs!!
  Granted, 3 of those pounds were pounds I'd gained the previous week when I fell off the wagon and ate constantly but I'm pretty darn pleased anyway. Even more pleased when I consider that it's also my time of the month and normally I'm retaining water so I may have lost even a bit more than I realize.

Regardless of the weight loss, I'm happy simply because I'm feeling so much better. Whenever I watch what I'm eating and "behave" myself I feel 100% better than when I'm indulging. I don't have to deal with the guilt & emotional issues that go hand in hand with my compulsive eating. Plus I don't have to deal with feeling sluggish, lethargic, and generally yucky because of all the nasty junk food I gorge on. I'm much happier when I'm taking care of myself and that is what I have to focus on. Maybe if I keep focused on how good I feel when I'm taking care of myself, I'll have few times when I 'fall off the wagon'.

On to other non dieting issues. My husband bought me a new camera and I love it!!! It's a Canon Rebel Xti and it's so wonderful. 10 mgp and so lightweight. We went to the arboretum and both of us spent the day taking photographs (and walking, walking, walking. 125 acres, all of which we covered). The Arboretum is home to the Queen Anne Cottage where alot of outside scenes where filmed for the tv show Fantasy Island (including the famous opening shot of Tatto ringing the bell in the coppola of the house and saying "De plane boss, de plane" :). It's also where they shot some scenes from the African Queen with Humphry Bogart/Katherine Hepburn, as well as several other well known movies. It was really gorgeous and we had a great time. We each took over 300 photos apeice. We're going to try and enter photos in the OC Fair next month. They don't accept all entries and I've heard that getting photos accepted isn't that easy since there are SO MANY great photographers out here, but we're both going to try anyway. Maybe one of us will at least get one photo accepted. I'll keep my fingers crossed. It's so nice to be able to share a hobby we both love. Gotta run, my husband is calling me. I love it when he calls me in the middle of the day to chat :). Like we don't spend every moment of free time together all ready. I guess he likes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment