Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Oh what a beautiful morning!

I'm feeling lovely this fine day :).  We had a nice relaxing evening last night. Sunday my husband bought a bunch of books/manuals for playing Dungeon's & dragons (not the video thing, the old school Dungeon Master, play in your basement in 1980's role playing game). When he was a little kid he used to play it with his 4 brothers & sisters. I mentioned awhile back that we should do something like that sometime & he has jumped on the idea. It's nice to see him interested in a hobby. His job is so stressful. He needs something to help him relax, disconnect from his blackberry & forget about the office for a bit. So, last night he was immersed in his books and I curled up next to him with mine. Since I adore reading, this was an ideal night for me. And we got to bed by 9:30, something we haven't done in quite awhile. It was wonderful to get a good nights sleep (though my husband was muttering about swords of reckoning in his dreams :) ).

So, I'm well rested & ready to have a great day. I got my desk area organized and I'm so pleased with myself. It's nice not to have to wedge my chair in between piles of books & magazines. As a treat I'm heading out shopping to buy myself a couple of scented candles now that I actually have some room for them. Nothing makes me feel better than scented candles, unless it's a scented bubble bath! Oh the decadence! I may splurge and buy myself some new bras too. And maybe a bright springlike purse or earrings or something. Though I may not be able to find pretty sparkly clothes there's nothing to stop me from finding a few other sparklies to brighten my life. It's been forever since I've done anything like this and I'm soooo looking forward to it. My husband is always after me to buy something for myself and I never do. I never thought I was worth it. I'm working on getting over those feelings now.

So, I'm off to the stores!

No comments:

Post a Comment