Thursday, April 5, 2007

Just a lazy procrastinator

I am so so lazy. John and I have done some fun things lately and I haven't even bothered to record them here. I used to be such a great blogger and now I hardly ever write anything down :(.

First off, about 3 weeks ago John turned 40. Since we aren't party people we didn't have a big to-do about it. John took Monday & Tuesday off so that we'd have a long weekend to spend in Solvang, a cute little touristy town north east of Santa Barbara that has a swedish village theme. We had a very nice, relaxing time just hanging out together and wandering around the town. I nearly walked my feet off. When we got back into town we had a nice dinner with John's family. All in all it was a very nice way to celebrate his birthday and I think he had a good time.

Last Sunday we had a really great day visiting San Diego with John's sister Jamie. We drove down really early to beat the traffic and spent a lovely time in Balboa Park and Old Town San Diego. Both John and I took our cameras so we were total shutterbugs all day and both of us got some really nice photos. I wish we'd had more time to spend in Old Town, we completely missed the Bazaar del Mundo which I usually love to visit but I'd hit my walking limit around 5:30 after about 9 hrs of continuous walking. We had a nice dinner at the Coyote Cafe and headed home. Hopefully I can get john to go back there again soon. I love the san diego area because there's so much I enjoy visiting, but John really hates driving in the traffic. I'll be posting lots of pictures in the near future I hope.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. My name is Lara Berch. I have just launched a new website with step by step art tutorials. I was wondering if it's possible to exchange links with you. http://www.laraberch.com
    Thank you very much for your time.
    Sincerely
    Lara

    ReplyDelete