Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Cravings & Exercise

I've been fighting food cravings(SALT!SALT!)  for the past few days, probably because I've been way too strict with myself lately & haven't been eating a variety of foodslike I should. Yesterday evening the cravings won and I had my husband take me to Wingnuts for Far East Nachos (tortilla chips with chicken, green onions,tomatoes,cheese, & soy ginger sauce).  It was wonderful and I didn't over eat, so I'm not beating myself up about it. Also, I woke up this morning feeling better than I have in a few days. Full of energy & quite light. I hopped on the scale & found out I'd gone down .2 lbs from yesterday. :) I was afraid that the salt in the dinner I'd had would make me retain water & feel bloated and icky today but that wasn't the case. Now I'm feeling rejuvenated & not craving anything at all. Maybe sometimes there is a reason for a craving and you shouldn't fight it so much, as long as you don't go overboard indulging it either.

I'm about to head out for a nice relaxing walk. I can't decide if I want to just walk around our neighborhood park or if I want to head to the beach & walk in the sand. Probably it's off to the ocean for me. It's a good way to remind myself just how lucky I am. I live somewhere amazingly beautiful. Life ain't so bad, even if I can't eat bags of potato chips & tubs of ice cream daily :)

As far as exercising goes, I'm planning to take it lightly for the next 2 weeks. Just some walking & stretching. Then when May is here I'm going to start doing exercise DVD's every day. We have next to no floor space so it will be a tight squeeze for doing the DVD's. Any suggestions on good workout 's that don't require a ton of room to do would be great! I really do want to get into decent shape. I don't just want to get thin. My dream is to have a lean, STRONG, athletic, flexible body. Once upon a time I had that and I miss it. So, now I'm off to take the first steps (literally) on my journey towards fitness. It's time to WALK!   

No comments:

Post a Comment