Saturday, December 16, 2006

Feeling cruddy

Not feeling great today. Actually it's been a rough few days for me. I've had migraines for the past three days. Today was the worst though, especially since it's a Saturday and I wanted to spend it having fun with my husband, not throwing up and seeing bright colors before my eyes as my head throbs. My husband has been wonderful though. Bought me ginger tea for my stomache, forced me into the bath for an hour (showering/soaking in the tub is one of the few things that makes the migraines better) and he made up the bed for me to snuggle into and rubbed my head. I sent him off to do christmas shopping while I took a nap and now I'm starting to feel much better. Hopefully the migraine will be completely gone by the time he gets home in a little bit. Maybe we can still salvage a bit of this day and go out for dinner or a movie. We'll see how I feel.

Had a WONDERFUL time on our little trip to Arizona and Nevada. I got to meet a few of John's relatives and it was very nice, plus I got to visit with my parents-in-law & sister-in-law. Though we all live together we rarely ever see eachother so it was nice to have time to chat and hang out.

My husband and I took an extra day of vacation and visited a tiny mountain town called Oatman, on what was route 66 in northern arizona. It's a cool little western town where wild burros roam freely (left by the miners) and can be hand fed carrots by tourists. The town has been in several movies, including How the west was won, and the old hotel was where Clark Gable and Carole Lombard spent their honeymoon night. It's really a tiny place with one main street of old, western shops that hasn't changed much since the 1920's but it has a lot of character and we loved visiting there. This is our kinda place. We tend to like things a bit off the beaten path, especially old route 66 sites.

My favorite photo: John & a little friend
Which is cuter? I can't decide :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment