Friday, April 21, 2006

Lovely Day

Another very nice day :). I'm really very blessed and I'm thankful for it.

Husband worked from home part of the day today and I love having him around. When I picked him up from the train around noon, he brought me a gorgeous hand made purple scarf that he special ordered from someone he works with. I was so surprised! We had a nice lunch at Olive Garden and spent a bit of time out in the gorgeous weather. It's a little bit cooler today than it was yesterday but I like that. We'll go to the stable in awhile and spend some time with our horse. I'm looking forward to our weekend together. I think we'll go to the big renaissance faire, so long as it doesn't rain.

We bought a new camera, a Canon EOS 30D. My husband picked it out since he has more knowledge about cameras and photography. I'm still just learning. I also bought a print account but have no idea yet how to get things uploaded to it. I submitted a print yesterday but it's not loaded and I didn't get an email rejecting it. Maybe I'll try submitting it to DA again. I'm also still trying to work on getting a CafePress shop going. They're just fun projects to mess with. I don't expect to make money or anything. I've seen how talented everyone here is and I'm not in that league yet. Hopefully someday, once I've learned a bit more.

Found some great quotes recently that touched me:

Reflect upon your blessings, of which every man has plenty, not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some. -Charles Dickens

Be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. -Christian Lawson

I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul. -William Earnest Henley

Joy is a net of love by which you can catch souls. A joyful heart is the inevitable result of a heart burning with love.- Mother Teresa

Our attitude toward life determines life's attitude towards us. -Earl Nightingale

I am an artist...I am here to live out loud.-Emile Zola

Barbara Hoffman:
Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and celebrate the journey!

Oprah Winfrey:
The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment