Tuesday, April 12, 2005

We had a wonderful time in San Diego. The trip started out rocky since I was still a bit upset about something from the weekend but John was very sweet and after talking with him all was well.

Originally we'd planned to go down on the day of the convention since it's only about an hours drive but the thought of getting up extra early to beat rush hour traffic and make it to the convention for the 7:30 check in, we changed our plans at the last moment and got a room for the Monday night before the convention. It was a brilliant move on our part apparently. Somehow, probably because the rest of the hotel was booked for the convention, we ended up in the presidential suite of the hotel!! It was incredible. We had a huge bedroom with a luxury bath, including giant whirlpool tub for two which we used every night, hehe. There was a full kitchen with full fridge, complimentary coffee, even silverware; a dinning room table, several huge leather coaches, a desk, and a big screen tv. The hotel room was larger than many apartments. I took pictures of the room but haven't gotten them developed yet. When I do, I'll post them.

We did a ton of sightseeing all around San Diego, revisiting a few spots we went too a year ago during my first visit to California and finding a few new spots to enjoy. Mainly it was just really wonderful to have all that time with J. It was like a little honeymoon.

I think my favorite of the places we visited was Point Loma and the lighthouse. It was a really lovely area. Coronado Island was fun too. I loved the little shops near the ferry. J bought me a little seashell pendent, a magnent with the coat of arms for my maiden name, and some YUMMY english toffee and chocolate (I adore both, my english pen pal sent me a ton of it for my birthday one year and it's all so good!).

No comments:

Post a Comment