Thursday, March 31, 2005

3 am: I woke up with my hot face pressed against my husband's chest. I rolled over on my other side, still sort of laying on his arm and shoulder and he followed me, wrapped both arms around me so that we were spooning cozily and kissed the back of my head, all while he was sound asleep. I love when he does things like that. I especially love it when he kisses me and tells me he loves me, all while sleeping. It's just so sweet.

---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- -----------

The weekend was really nice, quiet but nice. We didn't have a lot of money. I'd hoped to take J away for his birthday but with no money, that wasn't an option. Instead he got breakfast in bed and a few presents. We played volleyball and tossed a football around in the park. In the afternoon we went to the barn and gave our horse a bath. She needed it and it was a lot of fun. The evening was spent with his family, having pizza and cake. He got dvds and an mp3 player.

Easter Sunday was lovely. We ended up going to a park overlooking the ocean and picnincing with family. John and I played Horse-opoly (horse themed monopoly) and napped on a blanket. We walked over to Starbucks and bought everyone hot chocolate. we were planning on going to Disneyland but decided to wander around stores a bit and then had a very late dinner at a pub type restaurant. It was a good day.

Monday found me wandering around the mall. Then J took me to a nearby skating rink (Ice Palace, where Sasha Cohen trains) and we watched the children's classes. I am a passionate figure skating fan but have never been on skates or seen the inside of a skating rink, so this was a lot of fun for me. He said we could sign up for classes in the future if I'd like and I told him it might be better for me to try rollerblading or something first, or at least just try renting skates and getting on the ice before we commit to lessons. I'm so clumsy and out of shape I may hate skating and didn't want to waste alot of money on it up front. After the rink we went to an italian place and had a mediocre dinner, won't go there again. By that time I'd developed a horrible migraine and spent the rest of the evening in the truck curled up in a ball while J took care of the horse and drove us home. Was asleep by 9:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment