Sunday, October 5, 2003

poetry, j, & other ramblings

I have loved only blue eyed men. The first a boy with eyes of ice blue topaz, distant and inconstant. Now, a man with eyes like the sky, embracing and protective.

I loved the way J's eyes would change when he looked at me. The color would deepen and soften from a calm summer sky to a sultry early twilight. When he looked at me like that the world disappeared.

His Eyes
Eyes like summer sky
warm with love
Promising sweet acceptance

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------

Yesterday was cold, gray and rainy. Not the lovely wild rainstorms that sing through my soul but a monotonous refrain like a woman crying gently, sad and tender. I prefer the howling of the untamed goddess, not the weeping of a bereft maiden.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to be cocooned in thick soft flannel pajamas & wrapped in a shirt purloined from my guy, still retaining his scent. I want to be cozy in my own home, cooking dinner by candlelight while Andrea Boccelli sings of love in heartsearing italian and J comes up behind me to wrap his arms around me and kiss my neck. I want quiet moments of contentment and belonging.

This is the life I crave.

No comments:

Post a Comment