Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Birthday update

Yesterday was my birthday but before I talk about that I have to mention that Sunday, the day before my birthday, was pretty wonderful too. I slept late and woke up around 10 am, immediately got on line, within 20 minutes J was on line too and we were online together for the entire day, except for the half an hour we went off to take showers. nearly 12 hours of chatting and hanging around together, followed by a phone call. Lovely. :) I could spend all my time with him.

K, Now for a birthday update. As soon as I woke up I tore open the two packages J mailed to me. The first one I opened had a red camera case, film, batteries, a little tripod and a remote control for a camera so I kinda knew what the second package held :D. He bought me an ELPH Z3 CANON IX 240 CAMERA. Since I'm technologically impaired and can't manage to properly load a camera he made sure to get me an advanced photo system camera so I don't have to load film. He's a sweetheart. It's a really cool little camera and I'm going to love using it.

Then after opening my gifts I got on line. He sent me 3 email cards. One was romantic and sentimental and I cried when I read it. Already, this was one of my best birthdays ever. Especially since I also got lovely messages in my journal from my blurty family THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!. My Mom got up with me and gave me a card and a little silver watch. She'd also given me Lion King tickets the weekend that J came to visit. Off to work I went blissfully happy that J had been so thoughtful. I figured that would be the end of birthday festivities. Around 9 am, guess who called me at work? J he was getting up and getting ready for work but had to say Happy birthday. *swooning with happiness at this point* His call was followed by calls from my grandma and my aunt. Then just before noon I got another surprise when a delivery guy walked in with a vase of gorgeous long stem roses from J! :D :D I've never recieved a dozen roses from anyone before. At 3 o'clock J called me on his lunch break just to make sure I was having a good day. When i got home from work I got birthday emails from my two penpals. My Grandma & Aunt gave me a silver bracelet engraved with my name and a birthday cake. My sister gave me a candle and a decorative plate with a poem about sisters on it. Then I spent the rest of the evening on line with J and wrapped the whole day up with a very lovely phone chat with him :D He is the nicest man I've ever met, and definitely the most thoughtful and generous. I loved the gifts and flowers that he sent but truly the best part of the day was just getting to talk with him so much and knowing that he was thinking of me and loving me. It was a perfect birthday. It's great to be loved by a wonderful guy and a wonderful family. I'm VERY lucky to have them all in my life.

J called me at work today too!

No comments:

Post a Comment