Friday, June 13, 2003

My sis, My guy, & a quiz

My sister bought me a really cool journal last night, just because she was thinking of me. Unexpected gifts are the best kind! The journal has a pretty wood cover with leather binding. It's almost too special to write in. I'll have to think more interesting thoughts so that they are worthy of the journal. Hey SIS, if you stop in to read this THANKS again. :)

I had dozed off around 10:30 waiting for J to get home so we could chat in IM and suddenly I was woken up by an email delivery. It was J, who wanted me to get off line so he could call. YIPPEEEEEE. So we spent 2 exceptionally great hours talking on the phone. Twice this week we've talked on the phone. I'm loving his new calling plan, before this we had to call mainly on weekends. His voice makes me tingle. Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful man. I could happily spend all of my time with him.

Okay, I have to rush off to work. I'm feeling a bit sleepy since I didn't get to sleep until around 1:30. BUt it's Friday so it doesn't really matter. I'll have the whole weekend to get a bit of rest. Talk to you later.

1. What's one thing you've always wanted to do, but never have?
-Biggest unfullfilled goal: to have a strong, supportive, loving marriage to a kindred spirit. My favorite thing to day dream about doing: spend a year camping and biking all over the british isles and other areas of Europe, visiting all the wonderful places and getting a real sense of the people and cultures.

2. When someone asks your opinion about a new haircut/outfit/etc, are you always honest?
- Depends on the person and if I can tell they really WANT to hear the truth. If I know they can handle the truth I tell them. If not, I say something bland and noncommital. I don't outright lie about it.

3. Have you ever found out something about a friend and then wished you hadn't? What happened?
- I had a male friend. I really liked and respected him and then while swapping stories of our pasts he told me a about how when he was around 17 or 18 he and a group of guy friends "on a lark, just to see what it would be like" killed and ate a neighbor's dog. It made me ill to think of them luring a trusting animal to it's death and then eating it, just on a twisted whim, and obviously feeling completely unconcerned that they hurt not only an innocent animal but it's owners. I couldn't even look at him for weeks, the friendship quickly shriveled and died.

4. If you could live in any fictional world (from a book/movie/game/etc.) which would it be and why?
- I'd move right into Avonlea, the fictional town in the book Anne of Green Gables. That's the exact kind of world I want to live in: idyllically bucolic, slow paced and peaceful, filled with beauty, love and the enjoyment of simple pleasures.

5. What's one talent/skill you don't have but always wanted?
- Wow, that's really hard to choose. I think I'd choose to be a brilliantly gifted dancer/ballerina. I'd love to be lithe, graceful and elegant. I'd love to have that kind of control over my body and to posses the level of discipline and dedication that it takes to truly master dance. Plus, dancers are just sexy and I wouldn't mind being sexy.

No comments:

Post a Comment