Friday, May 2, 2003

A little update

I got a GREAT email from my russian penpal yesterday. It really made my day. He's such a good friend and a lovely person. I hope that someday we will be able to meet. He's one of the nicest guys I've ever known. The computer has certainly brought some amazing friends into my life!!!!

My computer still isn't completely up and running. Possibly tonight I'll have my webcam and scanner working again or if not tonight then some time tomorrow.

I stayed up all night talking to J, first on the computer and then on the phone. As always it was wonderful, though for the life of me I can't really even remember what we talked about for all those hours. Lots of fun nonsense probably :). It's unusual that I'm able to talk so easily with him. Normally I'm rather quiet on the phone and let other people do the talking, but with him I talk my head off. I really am enjoying our friendship and my crush on him.

This morning I went to my nephew Robert's soccer game. It's so cute to see all those little 5 year olds running willy nilly down the field chasing the soccer ball. At one point two little girls sat down right inside the goal and began having a tea party. It was a really lovely morning and even though I was exhausted from no sleep I still had a great time.

A skating special was on this afternoon, which I watched. My favorite skater, Katia Gordeeva, skated in it with her 10 year old daughter by her late husband Sergei Grinkov. Her daughter is so much like her late husband that it's amazing. She even has many of his on ice mannerisms and a similar style of movement. It's very cool to see Daria Grinkova skate because it brings to mind wonderful memories of her father on the ice. It would be great if she sticks with skating and progresses into competition. The kid has a natural presence and love for entertaining but it would be an awful lot of pressure to be the daughter of olympic champions and try to follow in their footsteps.

Also this afternoon I spent a little bit of time with J. He was scanning old photos and I got to see a few of him as a teen. He was a cutie, almost as cute as he is now :). I hope I'll be able to talk to him again later tonight but right now he's off running his normal errands and later my computer may be tied up as my Dad works on it. I know it's going to happen that there will be days we can't spend much time together, but I really do enjoy his company a lot and miss him when he's not around. Maybe I'll just get in bed and watch an old movie or do some reading or sewing. I haven't worked on any of my hobbies in FOREVER. At least 2 months or more. I'm not even as good about answering my emails. I guess I'm just going through a lazy phase.

No comments:

Post a Comment