Wednesday, April 30, 2003

The full monty & other thoughts

My yahoo friends list doesn't have a single lit up face. Since no one (read that: J) is on line I thought I'd better take a few minutes and update my journal.

Last Thursday I went into St. Louis to the Fox Theater to see the touring company for The Full Monty. If this show is coming to your city I highly recommend it. It was funny and really well done. My Aunt was given the tickets by someone at her work and at first I wasn't all that interested. It seemed like a fairly cheesy concept; a bunch of average out of work guys getting together to strip for money. Mainly I just wanted to go because it was at the Fox which is one of my favorite places of all time. It's one of those very grand 1920's movie theaters decorated in a very ornate siamese byzantine style with sweeping staircases gaurded by lions, very detailed carvings of asian motifs, lots of statues and a gorgeous 12 foot diameter 2,000 pound chandelier. They also have a gorgeous Wurlitzer organ and an organist that plays wonderful old standards and show tunes until the start of the show. The Fox Orchestra is wonderful as well, I think they're part of the St. Louis Symphony but I'm not sure. Anyway, it turns out that the show was one of the best and most fun I've ever seen. Granted my theater going experience isn't all that developed. I've only seen about a dozen shows, but still I really enjoyed this. It was funny, sexy, and even touching at times. And of course there's the extra bonus of a little stripping and seeing some rather nice bare bottoms :).

Friday and Saturday were spent chatting with J. Other than that I can't for the life of me remember what all I did. I guess we (or maybe it's just me, I shouldn't speak for him) are in the honeymoon stage of a new relationship; you know, the time when you just can't get enough of the other person and you can talk intensely for many hours without realizing that time has even past. I love talking with him about anything. I respect his opinion and enjoy his company.

Sunday and yesterday my Dad began messing around with my computer, upgrading the hard drive and processor. In the midst of all the changes some things were lost, like my favorite links and my emails but I'll get it all sorted eventually. Anyone with cool links to interesting sites can feel free to post them here!!! I'm especially interested in art, graphics, collage, journals, and creative writing sites. Or great message boards. Also, because of the amazing generosity of a wonderful guy I have a new webcamera. I haven't had a chance to use it yet but I'm dying to. Once I get everything up and running I'll probably post more photos here in my journal.

Basically, that's been my life the past few days. I'm happy, fairly busy, and utterly infatuated with J. Oh, I also enrolled for my Algebra (boo,hiss) class for the Fall. It starts in October. The job search hasn't gone well. Soon I'm going to have to cave in and apply at day care centers. It's work I'm good at but the pay is just awful. At least I'd be home nights and weekends though. I hate working nights and weekends so I always avoid retail type jobs.

See ya'all later :).

---------------------------

a song for J

I Should Be Sleeping sung by Emerson Drive
(Lisa Drew/Shaye Smith)


I never knew there were such great movies
On TV at 3AM
I never guessed that at midnight Tuesday
I could have pizza ordered in
I never been a real night owl
But these days I'm all turned 'round
There's only one thing I'm sure of right now


Chorus
I should be sleeping
Instead of keeping these late hours
I've been keeping
I've been pacing and retracing
Every step of every move
And even though I'm feelin' so right
I'm so happy still I know
I should be sleeping
Instead of dreaming about you


I never knew that I was funny
Till I went and made you laugh
Never liked a girl to call me honey
But you did and I liked that
I keep thinking about your smile
Trying to read between the lines
Looks like I'll be up for awhile


(Repeat chorus)


After just 3 dates
And one great kiss
It's way too soon to be obsessing like this


(Repeat chorus)


Dreaming about you
I should be sleeping
Dreaming about you
I'm dreaming about you, yeah

No comments:

Post a Comment