Thursday, December 12, 2002

Looking to escape

Not a thing worth watching on regular Tv tonight so I watched the BBC channel, not that it was much more exciting but reruns of Changing rooms are more interesting than reruns of anything else. At least they have cool accents. Found out the BBC channel will be showing the first and second seasons of the show Couplings all of Christmas day. Guess that's what I'll be doing in between visiting my Gram and eating Christmas dinner. Sounds fun. That's a very cool show. I like british comedy (excluding most Monty Python) better than American comedy.

I'm bored. Going to bed with Pride and Prejudice tonight. Jane Austen and I are old and dear friends. I think after this I'll begin rereading Anne of Green Gables. I like to reread Anne at least once a year. If I don't reread Anne then it will be Jack and Jill by Louisa May Alcott. I'm in the mood for an old fashioned, sweet, classic story. Anyone who enjoys the Anne series or Little Women really aught to read Jack and Jill. It's top notch. Molly Lou was always a favorite character of mine growing up.

Sometimes I just feel a need to crawl inside the pages of my favorite childhood classics and regain a bit of my innocence and simplicity. I don't care how old I get, I don't want to lose sight of the child I once was.

No comments:

Post a Comment